Under the patronage of the President of the University of Technology, the Women Empowerment Unit was opened on Tuesday 26/10/2021 in the Training Center and Laboratories and in the presence of the President of the University, Prof. Ahmed Mohamed Hassan Al-Ghabban, Director of the Training Center and Laboratories, Dr. Wissam Hamid, and a number of department heads, teachers and affiliates.Dr. Hadeel Fawzi Jassim, representing the Petroleum Technology Department, participated in the opening ceremony.It is mentioned that the main objective of creating this unit lies in removing obstacles in the life of Iraqi women, especially university students and affiliates.
Dr.Salam Abdunabi Thajeel
Petroleum Technology Department
Asst. Prof. Dr. Salam Abdulnabi Thajeel currently works at Petroleum Technology Department- University of Technology- Iraq, He Earned his BSc. in Computer science from Al-Mustansiriya University- Iraq in 2000 and M.Sc. degree in computer science (Pattern Recognition) From Iraqi Commission for Computers & Informatics ,Institute For Postgraduate Studies -2003,He obtained his Ph.D. (with honors) in Computer Science (Digital Forensics) from University Technology Malaysia-(UTM) in 2016,His research interests mainly focus on Digital Forensics, Image Forgery Detection, Image processing ,Computer Vision & Data security
1.Ph.D. with honors : Computer Science (Digital forensics )from University Technology Malaysia-(UTM)-2016
2.M.Sc. :Computer Science (pattern Recognition) from Iraqi Commission for Computers & Informatics Institute For Postgraduate Studies -2003
3.B.Sc. : Computer Science AL-Mustansiriyah University, College of Education –Computer science Department 2000
• Digital Forensics , •Image Forgery Detection , •Image processing , •Computer Vision ,•Pattern Recognition , •Data security
1.A Survey on Brain Tumor Diagnosis and Edema Detection Based on Machine Learning, Journal of Physics: Conference Series(2021). .(Scopus index)
2. Detection Copy-Move Forgery in Image Via Quaternion Polar Harmonic Transforms, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (TIIS) 13.8 (2019): 4005-4025.( clarivate index)
3. An Improve Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Multi-level of Chaotic Maps and Lagrange Interpolation. Iraqi Journal of Science, 59(1A), pp.179-188, 2018. .(Scopus index)
4. Robust Video Watermarking of Hybrid based techniques. Iraqi Journal of Science, 58(4C), pp.2458-2466,2018.
5. A New Color Image Watermarking Technique Using Multiple Decompositions . Journal Of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology, 95(10), 2017.(Scopus index)
6. A novel approach for detection of copy move forgery using completed robust local binary pattern.” Journal of information Hiding Multimedia Signal Process (JIHMSP) “vol.: 6(2).2015. .(Scopus index)
7. A Survey Of Copy-Move Forgery Detection Techniques. : Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology” .vol:70 (1) 2014. .(Scopus index)
8. State of the art of copy-move forgery detection techniques: a review ,”International Journal of Computer Science Issues “vol.:10 (6), 2013
9. The Lagrange Interpolation Method for Color Image Ciphering : Journal of Iraqi Association for Information Technology(2012)
10. The Least Squares Interpolation Method and Newton Raphson for Color Image Ciphering: Journal of Iraqi Association for Information Technology (10-2011)
11. New Key Generation Based on Least Squares Method for Fractal Image Parameters Encryption “the 18th scientific conference of collage of education, Al-Mustansiriyah University 2011.
12. Secure Fractal Image Based on Quad-Tree “the 17th scientific conference of collage of education, Al-Mustansiriyah University 2010.
13.Intrusion Detection in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks Journal of AL-RAFIDAIN UNIVERESITY COLLEGE FOR SCIENCERS (11-2008).
14.Face Recognition using Moments “Journal of Iraqi Association for Information Technology” (8-2008).
15.Secure MPEG4 Video Transmission in Wireless LANs, “Journal of Baghdad College of Economic Science University “(12-2007) .
16.Image Watermarking During Wavelet Compression with Adaptive 2D Decomposition, “Journal of Baghdad College of Economic Science University” (2-2007).
17.New Segmentation in Arabic handwritten, “Journal of AL-RAFIDAIN UNIVERESITY COLLEGE FOR SCIENCERS” (4-2004).)
1.Best Student Award based on excellent academic achievement, April -2016. Given by International Students Center (in conjunction with the 56th Convocation Ceremony, hold on 22th April 2016), University Technology Malaysia (UTM) Johor Bahro, Malaysia.
2.Merit Thesis Award, April -2016. Given by International Students Center & by the VIVA-VOCE panel for Doctor of Philosophy (Computer Science), University Technology Malaysia (UTM) Johor Bahro, Malaysia.
3.Academic Excellence Award, April -2016. Given by International Students Center (for excellence -Grade A- achievement in the PhD thesis), University Technology Malaysia (UTM) Johor Bahro, Malaysia.
4.UTM Copy Right protection from Innovation and commercialization Center (ICC), University Technology Malaysia (UTM) Johor Bahro, Malaysia ,3th September 2015.
The teaching staff and students of the Petroleum Technology Department have started the new academic year 2021-2022.The head of the department, Prof. Dr. Fadel Sarhan Kazem, stressed the implementation of the instructions of the Supreme Committee for National Health and Safety and the continuation of the scientific progress and development taking place in the department, wishing all students success and permanent excellence.
On the sidelines of the Festival of Ambition and Creativity for Graduation Projects for the Finished Stages, the University of Technology held an exhibition of outstanding projects for the academic year 2020-2021 on Tuesday 19/10/2021 and in the Innovative Students Club and in the presence of the Assistant President of the University for Scientific Affairs, Prof. Haider Abed Dad and a number of teachers, associates and students.
The graduates of the department, headed by the scientific assistant, Dr. Najm Abdul-Kazim Al-Rubaie, Branch Head Dr. Imad Abdul-Hussein and Quality Division Officer Dr. Anwar Nazim in this exhibition, where the graduate students presented posters about their distinguished projects.
The Department of Oil Technology issued the first issue of the Iraqi Journal of Oil and Gas Research on 10/11/2021 for the year 2021, with efforts and direct support from the head of the department / editor-in-chief of the editorial board, Prof. Talib Muhammad Nayef and Branch Head/Editor-in-chief Dr. Emad Abdul-Hussein Fakher, who had a major role in preparing and editing the first issue.The head of the department congratulated the efforts of all the professors and researchers who contributed to the success and publication of the first issue of the journal.
The editorial board membership consisted of: Prof. Ali Mohsen Al-Mashat, and Prof. Muhammad Hassan Khaddour, Prof. Dr. Abd al-Hamid Muhammad Jawad, Prof. Iyad Abd al-Halim Abd al-Razzaq, Prof. Sayed Nour Din Hosseini, Prof. Hassan Mahani, Prof. Sallam Jabbar Hassan, Prof. Negm Abdel Al-Kadhim, M.D. Ahmed Abdullah, Associate Professor Ramzy Seyhoud, PhD. Youssef Khalaf Youssef, Dr. Ali Abdel-Zahra, Dr. Ali Jabbar.